Policy Updated on October 31, 2017
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
- Book with obvious signs of use
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
All requests to return a product must be approved prior to returning the item(s). Please do not return an item without obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization number. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted and returned to you at your cost. You will also not be able to claim the cost of the shipping for unauthorized returns.
To receive an RMA number please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com to request authorization to return an item or items.
- In your email please include the following information:
- The order number. This can be obtained by logging into your account at The Pet Boutique and hovering on the Account menu item. Then choose the Account sub-menu. Once in your account click on the Orders link on the left-hand side. A list of recent orders will appear with their respective order numbers.
- The date of the order.
- The item(s) that you would like to return.
- Your full name.
- The billing address and the shipping address (if different from the billing address).
- Full description for why you are making the return request.
- Include photos if the item(s) was/were received in damaged condition.
- Within two weeks you will receive notification that your request was either accepted or declined. You will also receive instructions on how to return the item(s)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 60 days of the receipt of your return.
There is a restocking fee of 15% which will be deducted from the cost of the refund.
We will also refund the cost of the return shipping. We are unable to refund the cost of the original shipping.
Late or Missing Refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your RMA number in the subject field of the email with the phrase: “Did not receive the refund - “. (The subject field should look something like this: “Did not receive the refund - RMA #123456).
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale, discounted, and clearance items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective, damaged, or the wrong item was received. If you need to return an item(s) for exchange please request an RMA number by email at email@example.com. Please include a description for the reason of exchanging the item. You will receive instructions on how to return the item(s) within two weeks.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit voucher/coupon for the value of your return less the original cost of shipping. Once the returned item is received the gift voucher/coupon/certificate will be emailed to you.
If the gift was purchased for someone else and shipped to their address any accepted returns will be credited to your account. Also, if a refund is issued on a returned gift the credit will be applied to your account as a credit memo.
Notes on Returning an Item
You will receive complete instruction on how to return an item once the return is approved. However, there are some things that are absolutely required to be included with the return. These are:
- A photocopy of your invoice
- A photocopy of the original packing slip
- A copy of the RMA authorization email
Also note that you are responsible for the secure return of the item. It is also your responsibility to obtain the cheapest method of return for the item. We are not responsible for any lost item(s) that are returned. For this reason we recommend that you obtain a tracking number from your postal or courier service. Also, retain the receipt for the return shipping as you will be required to send us the original to be reimbursed for the shipping cost of the return. The original shipping cost is not refundable.
If the item is valued at over $75 you are advised to have the item insured with your shipping company.
Policy Updated on October 31, 2017