Have you been keeping up on the news about dog treats lately? If so you've probably noticed that many treats get recalled for various reasons but mainly because of health risk concerns. If you're like me you probably hesitate about buying any kind of dog treat because of the potential health risks. If so, then why not make your own dog treats.
I came across this recipe a few years ago and have been using it as often as I can. It is healthy, nutritious, and absolutely safe.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cooking Spray
- Start by scrubbing potatoes well. I leave the skin on, but you could peel them if you like.
- Cut into ⅛″ thick slices.
- Spray a microwave-safe dinner plate lightly with cooking spray.
- Spread the slices out so they aren’t overlapping. If you have any thicker slices, put them on the outer edges.
- microwave on high for 3 minutes then flip and microwave on high for another 3 minutes. Flip them again and microwave for about 2 more minutes on each side. Continue doing this until they are cooked through and look like the image below. They should be crisp when finished.